Saturday, March 28, 2009

It has been a few months

The Cat "Julius"


In realize that it has been a few months since my last post. So lets see....what has happened during that time. We had Christmas and New Years. We had Australia Day at the end of January. 

The big news is I quit smoking on the 12th of December. I have a counter at the bottom of the blog.... so I can keep track!

We are all fine here. We have been working and coming home and working some more. I have been trying to figure out a way to fund my life without actually working. I think I need to buy a Lottery ticket. 

I have been crafting a bit. As always I have a rather large collection of unfinished projects and an ever growing list of "Want to do Someday" projects.  So I have started a "Crochet Along" on Ravelry & Crafster. There are several blocks each month and at the end of the year you can make a blanket. Well I have finished 2 of the 3 squares for January and printed the patterns for February..... and that's as far as I have gotten. Hmmmmm I suppose that I should work on that. So here is a picture of the 2 squares:



I have knitted and completed a couple of children's hats and I have tried out Faux Chenille. I made a pillow cover....and it turned out pretty good!

I am currently working on a "Window Quilt". This is actually a quilt that is designed to keep the cold out. We do not have ducted heat in our house and we have single glass windows....so we need something to help with the cold. Of course I could not just pick out a nice print fabric ....noooooo. .... I have to decide to do a little patchwork and embroidery as well as sewing and quilting. I will post pictures when I finish. The pieces are currently living on the dining table...with the sewing machine.

Here is the pillow cover I made:
Well I suppose I will close for now....it's almost 2 am and I need to get some sleep.....

No comments: